My friend sent a link from Pinterest, asking if I could make her daughter a pair of these crochet baby booties. Um, of course I could. It looked like a great pattern and I had a free Sunday morning so I spent the time crocheting, drinking French press coffee and reading. Could you think of a more perfect time?
I found some pink yarn and the booties worked up quickly. Barely took any yarn. I made the seize 0-3 month booties and even though my friend’s baby is 6 months old, they were falling off her feet. Maybe I needed to size down? Regardless, they’re adorable and she can always grow into them.
- Pattern (free): Crochet baby booties pattern from Quartered Heart Crochet
- Crochet Needle: Size E (3.5mm)
- Yarn: Vanna’s Choice, worsted weight in Light Pink – about 45 yards
- TIme: 1 hour
- Favorite part: The functional button closure and scalloped edges
- Edits: None, followed pretty much as written. Skipped the instructions for the button holes since I always just push the buttons through an open spot in the work – the stitches are loose enough. I did have some trouble making the second shoe turn out like the first. Made two pairs and always had the same problem… had something to do with the decreasing around the toes, but I wasn’t able to fix it completely. Not too noticable, though
- Make again? For sure! I could see this being a good baby shower gift