Happy New Year! So here’s the deal. Let’s make a pact and together take “The Crochet Challenge”. What, you may ask, is the crochet challenge? Great question!
The Crochet Challenge
You have three options to choose from:
- For the beginner – Learn to crochet
- For the crocheter – Write your own crochet pattern OR complete 5 unfinished crochet projects
- For the serious crafter – Try 5 new patterns and give what you make as gifts OR crochet and donate 10 crocheted items to the charities of your choice
Are you up for it? It won’t be easy, but what a great way to start out 2013! To help you begin, here are some links:
Learn to Crochet
- FANTASTIC Beginner Crochet Video Tutorials from Beth Nielson of ChiCrochet - Sersiously, she’s got everything
- Beginner Crochet Instructions (with pictures) from Stitch Diva
Writing a Crochet Pattern
- How-to Tips & Pattern Writing Info from Bella Crochet
New Crochet Patterns
- Ravelry – Huge site of free crochet & knit patterns, easy searching function
- JJCrochet’s list of free crochet patterns
- Grab your free version of this crochet newsboy hat pattern by filling out the form below
- Comprehensive list of free crochet and knit patterns for charity items from Lionbrand
- Search by organization type or zip code to find a local charity with Lionbrand’s Charity Connection
- List of national organizations that accept crochet donations from the Daily Crocheter
If you’d like to take the 2013 Crochet Challenge and make it the year of crochet – Let’s go! Make sure you spread the word and let others know about the CC.
I’ll be posting a follow-up entry in a few weeks and if you’ve completed the CC, you’ll have a chance to win fun crochet things – more free patterns, crochet supplies, finished crochet items, etc. And if you’d like to submit what you’ve made as part of this challenge, you can have your photo featured!
Copy and past the code below to display the “I took the Crochet Challenge” badge on your blog:
<img alt=”i-took-the-crochet -challenge” src=”http://www.jjcrochet.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/crochet-challenge-300×137.jpg” width=”300″ height=”137″ /></p></a>
P.S. This post is to celebrate my 7 year Etsy-versary celebration! Seven years ago on December 30, 2005, I opened JJCrochet’s Etsy store. Every year, I like to celebrate the day by having a giveaway. This year, I’m combining a free crochet pattern giveaway AND a New Year’s Crochet Resolution. Happy Etsy-versary to me and a very Happy New Year to you! **Thanks to all who participated in this free crochet pattern giveaway! Over 125 patterns were given away during a two week period. Enjoy!!**